The past several weeks have been spent on Apple Pie. Not only did we make a classic Apple Pie and shared that recipe, but we spent several posts working on topics related to the Apple Pie. Personally, I am really proud of how our butter pie crust has come along and I feel that I know so much more about apple pies, as well as pies in general. If you have been following along… THANK YOU. If you are just joining us, thanks for checking it out. Here is a recap of the various posts we made in this Apple Pie Series:
Apple Pie Series Recap
- Series Announcement and Giveaway Announcement – We had our first giveaway in this series and it was really fun to put that together. A lucky reader won a cocktail shaker kit and I felt it was a fun way to kick this series off!
- Back To School For Adults RoundUp – We spent this post highlighting my peers’ recipes! Yes, apple pie might make people think of Fall and getting kids back to school, but adults need fun as well. This post is a roundup of recipes (cocktail and food) that is geared to you adults.
- All American Apple Pie – We got right into it with the apple pie! This really is a fantastic recipe and this butter crust is absolutely fantastic. I am really proud of the crust recipe and I hope you spend a few minutes looking at my take on the zen of rolling out pie crust.
- Sweet and Sour Mix Recipe – Not much to do with apple pie, right? Well, we wanted to make a few drinks in here as well and our next recipe is an Appletini. Making your own sweet and sour mix is a great way to add some extra awesome to the Appletini.
- Easy Appletini Cocktail Recipe – Here is our Appletini. Not only do we share the classic cocktail recipe, but we spend a bit of time talking about the history of this favorite cocktail from the 90s.
- 10 Shockingly Interesting Apple Facts and the History of Apple Pie – Apple facts are interesting? HA! Yeah, they can be. That is sort of the thing I love spending time doing. Outside of eating food, spending time talking about, and investigating, food history is what I love doing.
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe – Apple pie needs ice cream, so I thought it important to touch on this subject. NO! Not all ice cream is equal and it comes down to eggs. Take a look and see what I mean in the post.
- Dutch Apple Pie Recipe – Not all apple pies are equal. This apple pie is a slight variation on the classic and is a bit more forgiving in terms of pie crust. This, basically is a mash up between apple pie and apple crisp. It is easy, but absolutely delicious.
- Easy Apple Crisp Recipe – Another classic! Not apple pie, but a nice variation of the apple pie classic that is super tasty and super easy to make.
- Apple Hand Pies Recipe – A portable pie with all the flavor and an extra sugar glazing on top. This is a really fun take on the classic apple pie that can be enjoyed on the go or for a normal dessert.
- Rustic Apple Crostata Recipe – An apple pie recipe without a pie tin! This is another slight variation of the classic pie and is also fun to make. The look and feel of a crostata is very cool and rustic. Make this recipe to impress your friends and also do something that is pretty dang neat.
- Homemade Butter Pie Crust Recipe – So, we have made a lot of this crust already. This does not necessarily need to be for apple pie, so I decided to break it out a bit into it’s very own post so that all the other pies can get a bit of love.
- Homemade Apple Brandy – Such warm Fall flavors in this drink. We take traditional brandy and spice it up with apple and other fall flavors. Check it out!
Products Used In This Series
These are the products I used in this series. Check them out!
- 9-inch Pie pan
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- Mixing bowls
- Hand Juicer
- Mason Jars
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glasses
- Ice Cream Maker
- Glass Bowls
- Pie Spatula
- 9 x 9 baking dish
- apple corer
- Glass Bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper
YOU GUYS! We did it! We finished another series. What’s next? Who knows. Well, I do, but you are going to have to wait a few days to really find the answer to this. Stay tuned to our website for more details and make sure to follow me on Instagram.