This is a flavor bomb! The Blue Cheese Sriracha Mac and Cheese is going to delight your senses and is an easy recipe!
- 2 cups Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its
- 2 cups dry macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups bleu cheese
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse Cheez Its in food processor and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook macaroni as directed on package, but only boil for about 80% of cooking time. It will finish in oven.
- While macaroni is cooking, in large saucepan melt butter on low
- When butter is fully melted, slowly start sprinkling flour in the pan and continuously mix. The idea is that the mixture of flour and butter will form almost a paste.
- Pour in just a little of the milk and whisk until smooth. Keep on repeating until all milk is blended in.
- Turn heat to medium-high and continuously stir. We want to get the sauce just to boiling and thicken.
- When the sauce starts to heat up, you will notice it start to thicken. Just continue to stir and once boiling, continue stirring for one minute.
- Remove from direct heat and slowly add 2 cups of the cheese to the bechamel while stirring.
- Add sriracha to sauce
- Once this is a smooth sauce, add cheese sauce and drained macaroni to a baking dish and mix together.
- Add remaining 1 cup of cheese on top of macaroni and cheese
- Add Cheez Its to top
- Put the dish into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until top layer of cheese is golden brown.