This is a Detroit Style inspired Greek Pizza that has the comfort of a deep dish and all the big flavors of a Greek Pizza. The Walnut Olive pesto is tasty and adds something really special to this pizza recipe.
- 200 grams luke warm water
- 2 grams sugar
- 1 grams salt
- 3 grams Dry Instant Yeast
- 65 grams canola oil + 1 tablespoon to oil pan
- 350 grams bread flour
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 14 oz can delicate baby artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, whole
- 10 big Spanish olives
- 1/2 parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix salt, sugar, and water in large bowl
- Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 5 minutes
- Add 65 grams of oil
- Slowly mix in Bread Dough until it is all mixed
- Put in Mixer with Bread Hook on low for two minutes or knead by hand for 5 minutes
- Put in Oven with oven light on for 2 hours to let dough rise. If it is cooler in your house, also add a separate container of hot water to sit in oven along side dough
- Allow sauce to simmer for 30 minutes and set aside.
- After two hours, add remaining oil to Detroit Pizza Pan and spread all around
- Stretch dough to cover bottom of pan
- Put Pan back into the oven with the light on for another 30 minutes to allow it to rise
- Once 30 minutes has passed, remove pizza and preheat to 500 Farenheight, making sure one rack is on bottom space.
- Press out any large bubbles from the dough and make sure dough covers bottom. Stretch out, as necessary.
- Spread Pesto evenly across pizza and top with artichoke hearts, onions, and feta
- Once preheated, add pizza to bottom rack for 15-17 minutes. Watch to make sure it doesn’t burn, but you do want a nice golden brown crust with darker edges.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes
- First, use knife to release crust on all sided. Then, use spatulas to remove entire pizza and put on cutting board.
- Use pizza cutter to cut into 6 pieces.
Keywords: Greek Pizza