These brioche buns are so tasty and make for a great hamburger bun.
- 412 g Bread Flour
- 142 g cubed unsalted butter
- 18 g Dry Nonfat Milk
- 22 g Sugar
- 10 g Instant Yeast
- 3 Eggs (for dough)
- 1 Egg White + 10g of water (egg wash)
- 45 g lukewarm Water
- 5 g Salt
- Sesame Seeds
- Add water and Sugar to a small dish and sprinkle yeast on top. Allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Cut butter sticks lengthwise in a cross pattern, making four longs strips of butter. Then, cut to make several small butter cubes.
- Add all ingredients (minus egg wash egg) to Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Mix on a low setting for 10 minutes or until dough appears smooth.
- Dough might not seem like most bread doughs and seems almost a little more batter like. This is ok.
- Put in greased bowl and let rise in a warm place (I turned the light on in my oven and let sit there) for two hours.
- Place entire thing into plastic bag and place in fridge overnight.
- When ready to cook, take out of fridge and divide into 6 OR 8 pieces. (the total weighed in as exactly 800g for me). Divide into 8 for small burgers and 6 into larger ones.
- Knead each bun to make bun shape and also to warm up the flour.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Rise for 90 minutes in warm place. (NOTE: This rise can take less or more time.. up to 3 hours. Watch this and they should look about the size of buns before you move on. Also, remember that there eggs in this, so use your own judgment with USDA guidelines on allowing to sit out).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Use remaining egg and water to gently brush bun tops right before putting into oven.
- Bake for 16 minutes on center rack.
- Keep a close eye on them. The tops should appear golden brown and they should be looking like buns.
- Adjust time as necessary and remove when looking good.
- Remove and allow to cool.
Keywords: Brioche Buns