Get ready to indulge in the most heavenly, creamy, and utterly delicious mashed potatoes you've ever tasted! Say goodbye to lumpy mashed potatoes with this easy-to-follow recipe that will leave your taste buds singing with joy. Made with perfectly cooked russet potatoes, velvety whole milk, and butter, these mashed potatoes will have you reaching for seconds (or thirds!).
- 2 1/2 pounds rinsed and peeled russet potatoes, cut into approximately 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature chopped into 1” pats
- 1 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Rinse peeled and cut potato under cold water - allow to soak in water while water is heating.
- Heat water to a boil in a large pot
- Drain potatoes and add potatoes to boiing water.
- Cook until tender (approximately 10-15 minutes)
- Remove and strain in a colander.
- In a different container original pot where potatoes were boiled, add room-temperature milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Rice potatoes into dish and gently fold with spatula or wooden spoon to mix all ingredients and melt butter. Alternatively, use potato masher.
- Use Russet Potatoes.
- Make sure you rinse and soak the potatoes.
- Do NOT use a hand mixer or food processor to mash potatoes.
- It is important to use room temperature milk and butter. If you are in a hurry or don't have time, bring your milk and butter to room temperature by heating in your microwave using a low power setting. I use power level two (out of ten) on my microwave for about 2-5 minutes to bring milk or butter to room temperature.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Like garlic? Add some garlic.
Keywords: Best Mashed Potatoes