If you are craving a buffalo chicken sandwich, but don't want to eat meat, this is the recipe for you. This vegetarian recipe packs buffalo chicken recipe into a healthier and meat-free baked sandwich with all the buffalo flavors. Whether for just a healthy lunch or a game day sandwich, this recipe is for you.
1 medium cauliflower rinsed and cut into florets (about 1 lbs raw)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Progresso Italian Style Breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Vegetarian Chicken.
1/4 cup Frank's Hotsauce
Wish-Bone Lite Blue Cheese (or whatever you would like to use), for topping
- Iceberg Lettuce, to taste
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat to 400° Fahrenheit
- In a food processor, process cauliflower until finely cut. (30 seconds to 2 minutes)
- In cheesecloth, strain out the water. Use pressure to help remove moisture.
- In large bowl, combine cheese, eggs, oregano, salt, Better than Bouillon Vegetarian Chicken flavoring (optional) and pepper
- Patty into six patties, being careful with patties, as they are fragile at this point.
- Dredge in bread crumbs
- Place patties on a lightly oiled baking pan
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of franks on the top side.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes
- Flip, brush about another teaspoon of Franks Hotsauce on the other side. Use a silicon brush for this side.
- Bake for 15 more minutes
- Add to buns and then top with Blue Cheese (about 2 Tablespoons), lettuce, and Frank's Hot sauce to taste.
- Be careful with your patty, as it is a bit fragile until it is fully cooked. Oil your pan and use a metal spatula to handle the patties.
- The Cauliflower you should use should be about 1lb of florets.
- I use Frank’s Hot Sauce, but use what you like.
- I use Progresso Italian bread crumbs, but use what you like.
- After you flip to the second side, use a silicone brush to spread the Franks hot sauce. The brush does NOT work well for the first side.
- Both your bun choice and your blue cheese choice can greatly impact the calories in this sandwich. Choose best for you.
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 330 Calories
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 1271 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 69 mg
Keywords: veggie chicken sandwich