You will have never seen a candy disappear so fast. This Candied Ginger recipe is so easy and delicious that you will be racing to your kitchen to make more.
- 6 Ounces of ginger (approximate)
- 2 cups of sugar + 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 2 cups of water
- Peel and slice (lengthwise) ginger root
- Add all ingredients, minus two tablespoons suger, to medium pan and bring to boil
- Once boiling, reduce to simmer for 1 hour
- Using tongs, remove all ginger and remove excess moisture
- Add remaining sugar and ginger to Tupperware or bag and shake to cover with sugar
- Put candied ginger on paper towel lined plate and allow to rest in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Keep in fridge and eat within 1 month.
Much of the sugar remains in the syrup and it is hard to determine calories. My ESTIMATE is that each serving (1 ounce) soaks up 2 tablespoons white sugar and is coated with two teaspoons.
Keywords: candied ginger recipe