Such an easy dessert, this Mandarin Orange Salad is a great side dish and a pot lunch favorite. Active time is just minutes and it will be a favorite dessert salad to whoever you serve it.
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/3 ounce package orange-flavored Jello
- 1 cup whole cottage cheese
- 1 large can mandarin oranges drained 29 ounces
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Mix Cool Whip, Jello, and cottage cheese into large bowl and combine well.
- Add rest of the ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Make sure to fold everything really well, but don't mix too vigorously. There is value in retaining the air in the cool whip.
- You can make many substitutions with the canned fruit and Jell-o flavors if you want to change it up!
- I suggest allowing to rest in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving, but it could really be ready right away.
Keywords: Mandarin orange salad