This Crab Pasta Salad is a flavorful side dish that is perfect for your next cookout, potluck, or dinner side with a seafood twist. It is easy to throw together and very filling.
- 8 ounces medium shells pasta, cooked per package
- 8 ounces imitation flake crab meat, chopped and thawed
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped (about ½ a green pepper)
- 2 celery ribs diced
- ¾ cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped (or 1 tsp dried dill)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ pepper to taste, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Tony Chachere Creole seasoning.
- Mix mayo, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt, pepper, Tony Chachere, and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Fold in pasta and crab
- Cover and put in the fridge for 4 hours and up to 3 days before serving.
- Make the day before or morning of your event and it will be ready to eat by your event.
- I use Tony Chachere creole seasoning, but Old Bay is great, as well.
- While my instructions have this mixed in order, it really is just mixing all the things together.
- A great way to reduce calories on this recipe is to use low-calorie mayo. It cuts the mayonnaise calories by about ⅔.
- This makes 6 servings. Have a big party? Double it!
Keywords: crab pasta salad