This Chicken Chow Mein dish celebrates the sort of dish you might find in a typical take-out Chinese restaurant. It does, however, use homemade fried chow mein noodles.
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 TBSP oyster sauce
- 1 Dash fish sauce
- 2 + 2 Tablespoons Peanut oil
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 green onions
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 4 Cleaned and Chopped Chicken Thighs
- 4 Servings of Crispy Chow Mein Noodles or store-bought chow mein noodles.
- Add cornstarch to a medium bowl
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and fish sauce to same bowl and stir
- Add 2 Tablespoons peanut oil to wok and heat to high
- Add Water Chestnuts first and allow to cook for 30 seconds or until cooked through
- Add Bean Sprouts and green onions to wok and stir everything for 30 seconds to one minute or until everything seems cooked through.
- Remove all veggies and set aside
- Add 2 Tablespoons to Wok and allow wok to heat.
- Add garlic and cook just briefly
- Almost immediately, add chicken and stir until chicken is cooked all the way through and done
- Add sauce that was set aside and stir until thickens.
- Reintroduce the rest of the vegetables and briefly stir
- Add 1/4 on top of a plate of Crispy Chow Mein Noodle and serve