This Detroit Style Pizza recipe is special and super tasty. The thick, cheesy crust is so tasty and it is filled with a great sauce and delicious pepperoni.
- 200 grams luke warm water
- 2 grams sugar
- 1 grams salt
- 3 grams Dry Instant Yeast
- 65 grams canola oil + 1 tablespoon to oil pan
- 350 grams bread flour
- 70 Medium Pepperonis (about 1 package)
- 1 pound Mozzarella Cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 42.5 Ounces Canned Diced Tomato, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix salt, sugar, and water in large bowl
- Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 5 minutes
- Add 65 grams of oil
- Slowly mix in Bread Dough until it is all mixed
- Put in Mixer with Bread Hook on low for two minutes or knead by hand for 5 minutes
- Put in Oven with oven light on for 2 hours to let dough rise. If it is cooler in your house, also add a separate container of hot water to sit in oven along side dough
- While Rising, add all sauce ingredients to blender and blend
- Allow sauce to simmer for 30 minutes and set aside.
- After two hours, add remaining oil to Detroit Pizza Pan and spread all around
- Stretch dough to cover bottom of pan
- Put Pan back into the oven with the light on for another 30 minutes to allow it to rise
- Once 30 minutes has passed, remove pizza and preheat to 550 Farenheight, making sure one rack is on bottom space.
- Press out any large bubbles from the dough and make sure dough covers bottom. Stretch out, as necessary.
- Add half of pepperoni, then cheese and spread evenly all the way to the edge. Then, add remaining pepperoni on top.
- Put sauce in three stripes across the top.
- Once preheated, add pizza to bottom rack for 13-17 minutes. Watch to make sure it doesn’t burn, but you do want a nice golden brown crust with darker edges.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes
- First, use knife to release crust on all sided. Then, use spatulas to remove entire pizza and put on cutting board.
- Use pizza cutter to cut into 9 pieces.
This is meant for a 10×14 Detroit Pan
Keywords: Detroit Style Pizza