Apple Crisp is a fruity, easy, and delicious dessert. Don't have the time or energy for fresh pie crust? Give this super simple recipe a try to quench that sweet tooth!
- 5 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 stick butter, unsalted and softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit
- Place apples into a lightly greased 9x9 pan
- Thoroughly mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl until the consistency of a thick paste
- Spread mixture over apples
- Bake for 40 minutes. Check to see if apple mixture is bubbling. If it is and the apples are easily pierced with a fork, the apple crisp is done. If not, repeat for another 5 minutes and test again.
- Once apples are done, remove and serve.
- Use Granny Smith apples for the best results
- Learn how to use the power function on your microwave to master softening. For me, I put a stick of butter in the microwave and cook for 30 seconds on power level three.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Keywords: apple crisp