This cocktail is made in the styles of Prince Harry himself. This ginger drink is a bit red, has a wild streak, but at the end of the day is fun as hell. If you are looking for an interesting grilled watermelon cocktail, you found it.
- 2 slice of Ginger Glazed Grilled Watermelon
- 1 Ounces of Ginger Syrup (see notes)
- 2 Ounces Rum
- 1.5 Cup Ice
- Soda Water to Top
- Preheat grill to medium temps
- Lightly glaze watermelon with ginger syrup
- Place on grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until char marks are visible
- Remove and remove rind from just one of the slices
- In a shaker, add the watermelon whose rind has been removed, ginger syrup and rum
- Add Ice and stir for 30 seconds
- Add to Highball Glass and top off with soda water.
- gently stir to incorporate soda water
- Garnish with other watermelon
Homemade Candied Ginger and Ginger syrup recipes can be found here or purchase them.
Keywords: watermelon cocktail