These Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp skewers are quick to make and are full of savory deliciousness. As if bacon and shrimp are not enough, we have a simple honey-lime glaze that balances these grilling delicacies out to make them perfect Summertime fare.
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 16 large shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- 8 Strips of Bacon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about ½ lime)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add sugar and salt to a container with 4 cups of cool water and mix well.
- Add shrimp and allow to brine for 30 minutes
- If using wood skewers, soak them in water, as well
- Mix honey, lime, cayenne, and paprika in a container and set aside.
- After 30 minutes of brining, remove from water and add shrimp to honey-lime mixture and coat
- Preheat well-oiled grill to 400° Fahrenheit
- Grill each side for 4 minutes
- Remove from grill and enjoy!
- The brining is optional, but I really recommend it.
- Buy good quality bacon for this recipe.
- If using wood skewers, make sure to soak them for a bit.
- Preheat your grill to 400° Fahrenheit before cooking.
- Use a Meat Thermometer to make sure everything is at safe temperatures
Keywords: bacon wrapped shrimp