So much flavor in these little Mexican treats. The best grilled shrimp tacos and chili lime shrimp taco sauce you can imagine! Get out your grill and start today!
For Chili Lime Shrimp Taco Sauce:
- ½ cup Mexican cream or sour cream with a dash of milk.
¼ cup cilantro, copped
1-2 serrano pepper, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice from 2 limes
¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For Shrimp Tacos:
- 1 pound 16/20 deveined and deshelled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 4 flour tortillas
- Submerge 4 wood skewers in water to soak for 30 minutes (optional)
- Add shrimp, 2 tablespoons Olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to container and mix
- Put in fridge until ready to skewer
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend well
- Put in container and refrigerate until ready to use
- Skewer 4 shrimp per skewer.
- Preheat grill to 450° Fahrenheit
- Place skewers on grill for 3 minutes with the cover on over direct heat
- Flip and grill for three more minutes with the cover on over direct heat
- Remove when done and temp hits 145 degrees Farenheight
- Add 4 shrimp to each taco
- On each tortilla lay ¼ cup cabbage
- Top with Creamy Cilantro Chili Sauce
- Make sure to have a clean grill. Cleaning your grill helps ensure that product doesn't stick and results in a better overall end product.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure your shrimp reach the desired temp or the 145 Farenheit that the USDA indicates as the safe minimum.
- The integers on packets of shrimp indicate the number of shrimp per pound. For example "16/20" indicates that there are between 16 and 20 shrimp per pound.
- Purchase deveined shrimp for sure, but deshelled can also make it easier. Mind you, the shells can add flavor to recipes.
- We use Serrano peppers, but you could try any pepper of similar size to either get a spicier or milder heat profile. Obviously, peppers taste different, as well.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 760 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 193 mg
Keywords: Shrimp Taco Sauce