There is no reason you can't make a killer steak and this post has all the information you need to make a wonderful steak. While this recipe says the steak is four servings... and it is... it really is one serving to me. On special occasions when I am grilling steak, I want it to be awesome and I will indulge a bit!
- 1 Pound Ribeye
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- salt and pepper, to taste, but be generous
- The night before, unwrap steak and put on plate in the refrigerator (optional)
- About 30 minutes before starting grill, take steak out of refrigerator and coat with olive oil.
- Rub Ribeye with salt and pepper
- Allow to sit outside of refrigerator
- Preheat grill so that you will have one zone at 500° Fahrenheit and another with indirect heat. The hot zone will be your sear side and the other will be where you cook to doneness.
- Once preheated and grates allowed to become hot, add steak to sear side for 90 seconds.
- Flip and sear the other side for 90 seconds.
- Move to the other side.
- Allow to cook for 3 more minutes on each side. The thickness of your steak will impact how quickly it cooks. Do not be afraid to measure the temps.
- Use your thermometer to get your temp. When it reaches 125° for rare, 135° for medium-rare, or 140° for medium, remove from grill.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Choose a thick cut of steak. At least 1.5 inches.
- Make sure to know your zones and separate cooking vs searing sections.
- By a meat thermometer to make sure you can get those exact temperatures.
- Eat steak the way you want it.
- Serving Size: 1 Whole Steak
- Calories: 1359
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Fat: 107 g
- Saturated Fat: 36 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 23 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 70 g
- Cholesterol: 300 mg
Keywords: Grilling Steak