There is no reason you can't make a killer steak and this post has all the information you need to make a wonderful steak. While this recipe says the steak is four servings... and it is... it really is one serving to me. On special occasions when I am grilling steak, I want it to be awesome and I will indulge a bit!
- 1 Pound Ribeye
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- salt and pepper, to taste, but be generous
- The night before, unwrap steak and put on plate in the refrigerator (optional)
- About 30 minutes before starting grill, take steak out of refrigerator and coat with olive oil.
- Rub Ribeye with salt and pepper
- Allow to sit outside of refrigerator
- Preheat grill so that you will have one zone at 500 and another with indirect heat. The hot zone will be your sear side and the other will be where you cook to doneness.
- Once preheated and grates allowed to become hot, add steak to sear side for 90 seconds.
- Flip and sear the other side for 90 seconds.
- Move to the other side.
- Allow to cook for 3 more minutes on each side. The thickness of your steak will impact how quickly it cooks. Do not be afraid to measure the temps.
- Use your thermometer to get your temp. When it reaches 125 for rare, 135 for medium-rare, or 140 for medium, remove from grill.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Choose a thick cut of steak. At least 1.5 inches.
- Make sure to know your zones and separate cooking vs searing sections.
- By a meat thermometer to make sure you can get those exact temperatures.
- Eat steak the way you want it.
- Serving Size: 1 Whole Steak
- Calories: 1359
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Fat: 107 g
- Saturated Fat: 36 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 23 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 70 g
- Cholesterol: 300 mg
Keywords: Grilling Steak