How to Make Tomato Juice
How to make tomato juice! It is easy and gives you control over the amount of salt in your healthy beverage. This is a simple recipe that tastes great.
- Author: Ben Myhre
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Juice
- 3 Pounds fresh tomatoes (beefsteak, big boy, or other large varieties)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Heat large pot of water to boiling
- Add water and ice to large bowl
- Prepare two other bowls. One that has a fine strainer placed on top and another for placing tomato flesh.
- Place tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds
- Remove and put directly into ice water to prevent further cooking
- Remove skins from tomatoes and discard
- Core tomatoes
- Cut each tomato into 6 wedges
- Remove the seeds from each wedge and place in the strainer and put rest into the other bowl
- Once all seeds are in the strainer, use a large spoon to gently press seed to get as much liquid into the bowl as possible.
- Discard seeds
- Add all tomato items (minus seeds or skin) and salt to a medium pot and bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Add to blend and blend on high setting until liquified
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Use within one week.
Keywords: how to make tomato juice