These Norwegian Klubb Dumplings are so tasty, filling, and a great way to celebrate Scandinavia. Whether it is a holiday tradition or a weeknight meal, these dumplings are worth the effort.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Approximately 4 ounces ham or other cooked pork cut into 8-12 cubes
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to hard simmer
- While water is warming, grate potatoes and put in big bowl
- Add flour, egg, and salt to the bowl
- Mix and knead until firm. Add more flour if necessary to bring to stiff bread dough consistency
- Wrap dough around one cube of ham. Each dumpling should be the size of a large meatball and you should get 8-12 dumplings.
- Drop dumpling into simmering water and allow to cook for 45 minutes, making sure dumpling does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- remove with a slotted spoon and serve with butter, salt, and pepper
- Category: Dumplings
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Norwegian