The Krumkake is a delicious holiday treat that is versatile, tasty, and a great way to celebrate Norwegian heritage. Great for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or just a fun treat for your family.
- ¾ cup of sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon crushed cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter, but not hot
- Add flour, sugar, cornstarch, and cardamom to large bowl. Mix well.
- In smaller bowl, beat eggs and then add cream, vanilla, and butter. Mix well
- Add liquid mixture into dry mixture and combined until a smooth peanut butter like consistency
- Preheat krumkake grill
- Each Krumkake will require about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter. Add one to your Krumkake maker and cook until golden brown. For my tool, this is about 1:30 seconds.
- Remove with fork and use Krumkake tool to form into cone before it cools down
- Allow grill to heat back up, repeat until batter is gone
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Fill with whipped cream and fruit. Eat!
- Learn your equipment. Different Krumkake irons require other cook times.
- Close your iron between each Krumkake to help it heat back up.
- Those krumkakes can be pretty hot when they are just off the iron. Just know that. It is like playing a bit of hot potato… or hot Krumkake I suppose
- While I filled with whipped cream and topped with fruit, explore your toppings!
- These do get crumbly when eating. Enjoy the crumble.
- These surely won't last long, but you can keep in a tight plastic container for several days.