The Krumkake is a delicious holiday treat that is versatile, tasty, and a great way to celebrate Norwegian heritage. Great for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or just a fun treat for your family.
- 3/4 cup of sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp melted butter, but not hot
- Add flour, sugar, corn starch, cardamom to large bowl. Mix well.
- In smaller bowl, beat eggs and then add cream, vanilla, and butter. Mix well
- Add liquid mixture into dry mixture and combined until a smooth peanut butter like consistency
- Preheat krumkake grill
- Each Krumkake will require about 1 ½ tablespoons of batter. Add one to your Krumkake maker and cook until golden brown. For my tool, this is about 1:30 seconds.
- Remove with fork and use Krumkake tool to form into cone before it cools down
- Allow grill to heat back up, repeat until batter is gone
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Fill with whipped cream and fruit. Eat!
- Each Krumkake grill is going to be slightly different and can dramatically impact the cooking times. While for my tool it is 1:30 seconds, yours may be just 10 seconds needed on each side. Learn your Krumkake tools
- While traditionally this is served as a cone, you can also allow them to be just flat.
- You don’t need whipped cream, powdered sugar, or fruit, but these do make them a tad bit more special.
- The calorie count does NOT account for toppings.
- If you are using cardamom, as the recipe calls for, and you are working with full pods, break each open individually and crush the seeds with a roller.
- Serving Size: 1 cone
- Calories: 100 Caloreis
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg