This is a delicious Spring dessert recipe that celebrates rhubarb and bright flavors. Our Lemon Rhubarb Bars are sweet, flavorful, and a great way to enjoy some tasty baked goods.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons Lemon Zest (About 1.5 lemons worth)
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Mix all crust ingredients together and knead with hands until well mixed
- Put crust at bottom of 9x9 baking dish, spread evenly, and press down to line entire bottom into a crust
- Bake crust for 20 minutes
- While Crust is baking, add lemon juice, 1 cup (of the two) rhubarb, and eggs to separate large bowl
- Lightly blend with immersion blender to mix in rhubarb
- Add lemon zest, sugar, flour, and remaining rhubarb and blend together well. It should be a batter consistency.
- Once crust has baked for 20 minutes, remove and add in batter.
- Bake for another 35 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool before serving
- Use fresh rhubarb, if possible, but frozen (but dethawed) works great, too.
- Blend some of the rhubarb into the batter with an immersion blender or stand blender.
- Get an Immersion Blender, because they are awesome.
- Let these Lemon Rhubarb Bars cool on the counter for 2 hours, at least
- This recipe is best if cold, so once they have been on the counter for a few hours, consider popping in the refrigerator for a few more.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/9 pan
- Calories: 230 cal
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 90 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 80 mg
Keywords: Lemon Rhubarb Bars