Put the flavors of the classic Reuben sandwich into a casserole dish with this Reuben Casserole. A great dinner that is easy to make, feeds four people and tastes great.
- ½ pound cooked corned beef, diced
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 14 ounces sauerkraut, drained (one can)
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon minced yellow or white onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces rye bread, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit - you will use the bottom rack
- Mix all ingredients except bread, oil, and 2 ounces of the cheese
- Put into a 1 ½ quart casserole dish
- Toss rye bread with olive oil and salt
- Top casserole with rye bread and then remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes on the bottom rack
- Remove and serve!
- Don't use finely shredded swiss cheese on top of the bread, If you do, keep a closer look to make sure it doesn't burn.
- I call for whole milk, but any milk should really work.
- Use either leftover corned beef or just pick some up from the deli.
- If you don't have chili sauce or don't want to buy it, ketchup is fine.
Keywords: Reuben Casserole