Rum Balls are sweet, a bit boozy, and a delicious Christmastime treat. They are so easy to make and don't need any baking! Just a few minutes of active work makes this delicious and tasty Holiday treat.
- 1 12 oz container of Vanilla Wafers, finely crushed
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp dark molasses
- ¼ cup dark rum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp butter melted, but not hot
- 1 cup powdered sugar + ½ cup powdered sugar for rolling
- 1 tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa for rolling
In food processor, process wafers to a fine crumble
Combine all ingredients MINUS ½ cup powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
Once time has passed, roll into about 12 even small balls. They should approximately be about 1 1/2 ounces.
In small dish mix ½ cup powdered sugar and cocoa
Roll each of the balls in the sugar/cocoa mixture and set in container
Place in a container and cover. Allow resting for at 8 hours before serving. I prefer this rest in the refrigerator, but can be left out.
- Store your rum ball batter in the fridge for at least one hourbefore forming. Your balls will form better.
- If you don’t like nuts, don’t use them!
- Consider using different powders for the coating.
- These do not need to be stored in the refrigerator, but I prefer them refridgerated.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 29 g
- Sodium: 154 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: Rum Balls