If you love ice cream cake as much as I do, you are going to love this recipe. Technically a semifreddo, it is an easy-to-make Cookies and Cream Ice Cream cake that is cool, velvety, and has a delicious Chips Ahoy! crust that tastes so great.
- 15 Chips Ahoy! original chocolate chip cookies, crushed + more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, pasteurized and separate yolks from whites
- 1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Ounces dark chocolate, grated or pulsed
- Cool stand mixer bowl by placing in the refrigerator.
- Add parchment paper to bottom of spring pan
- Mix cookies and butter
- Add to spring pan and press crust into bottom of pan
- Put in freezer while preparing the rest
- Whip heavy cream in for about 2-3 minutes in a stand mixer on medium-high
- Add ½ cup sugar
- Whip for another 1-2 minutes. Should be looking like whipped cream at this point.
- Remove whipped cream from mixer, set aside, and clean mixing bowl.
- In stand mixer, whip egg whites to soft peaks
- Fold whites into whipped cream in large bowl
- Fold in yolks, remaining sugar, vanilla, and cocoa.
- Add grated chocolate
- Pour the filling mixture into springform pan with cookie crust.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours, but over night is best.
- Fresh lemon juice can be substituted for Cream of Tartar
- Parchment paper is laid at the bottom just to ensure the whipped filling doesn't leak through spring pan.
- Follow food safety standards.