The right balance of Summertime fruit and a kick to make this cocktail perfect for someone who likes a bit of spice in their life. A perfect spicy margarita!
- ½ ounce of lime juice (approximately ½ lime)
- 4 thin slices of jalapeño
- 2 ounces watermelon-infused tequila (see notes for recipe)
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- Salt or optionally Tajin for rim
- Put two slices of jalapeno into shaker
- Put lime into shaker and muddle with jalapeño
- Add ice
- Add tequila
- Add Cointreau
- Use spent lime to moisten rim of a lowball glass
- Salt rim and fill the same glass with ice
- Shake cocktail in the shaker for about 30 seconds and strain into ice-filled glass
- Garnish with remaining jalapeño slices
- Use infused tequila for a more unique cocktail.
- There are different kinds of tequila, but blanco (or white) tequila is the best for this mixed drink.
Keywords: spicy margarita