These Soft Ginger Cookies are delicious, chewy, and very munchable. Not only do you get plenty of holiday flavors, but you get some wonderful texture in this Soft Ginger Cookie Recipe.
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cloves
- .25 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar + 1/2 cup sugar for rolling
- 1/2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup diced candied ginger (See Notes)
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift bread flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, cloves, and salt into large bowl.
- In Standing Mixer Bowl with paddle attachment, add 1 cup sugar, molasses, and oil.
- Mix on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add egg and mix on low for 1 more minute
- Stop and scrape batter from sides and mix on low for another minute.
- Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the stand mixer with the wet ingredients and mix an additional 2 minutes once all is added.
- Add both diced ginger and grated ginger. Mix on low for another minute.
- Measure total weight of the resulting dough and divide into 16 equal parts.
- Patty each of the 16 into about a small palm width and place both sides in sugar to coat.
- Add each onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. 8 per cookie sheet, so this will take two sheets.
- Place each cookie sheet into middle racks of preheated oven for 13 minutes.
- Remove and place on wire rack after cooling for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool, or…. you know… just eat them.
Use this Homemade Candied Ginger Recipe for optimal cookie.
- Category: Holiday Cookie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 32 g
- Sodium: 134 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 12 mg
Keywords: Soft Ginger Cookie