This is a tasty, easy meatloaf with a tad of spicy Italian flare. Our Spicy Italian Meatloaf combines all of the great flavor of Italian food with the comfort of meatloaf to make a perfect easy dinner that will fill you up.
2 eggs, beaten
⅔ cup milk
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup shredded carrot
1 ½ cup Progresso Italian bread crumbs
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
30 Hormel pepperonis(60g), chopped
1 Pound lean hamburger
½ Pound hot Italian sausage
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup crushed tomato (or tomato sauce)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheigt
- Add beaten eggs and milk to large dish and mix.
- Stir in onion, carrots, breadcrumbs, cheese, and mix well.
- Add Pepperoni, ground burger, sausage, salt and pepper.
- Using hands, mix all of this really well.
- Spread evenly in meatloaf dish
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes.
- While cooking mix all topping ingredients and set aside.
- At 30 minutes, spread topping evenly over the top of the meatloaf and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Using a thermometer, make sure internal temp hits 160° Fahrenheit.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve!
- If you don’t want it quite as spicy, use regular Italian sausage
- If you want it spicier, try adding a teaspoon of red pepper flakes before you mix everything up.
- Don’t be afraid to get your clean hands in there to mix all the ingredients up.
- I recommend Progresso Italian Breadcrumbs, but other brands will work (or my homemade breadcrumbs recipe ) in a pinch.
- I use Hormel Pepperoni, as they are widely available. Other brands work.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure your ground beef hits 160° Fahrenheit.
Keywords: Italian Meatloaf