This American Apple Pie has a great crust, an awesome filling, and is the quintessential American dessert. Treat yourself and your family to this Apple Pie Recipe today.
- 2 pie crusts (makes one whole pie)
- 5 Medium Braeburn Apples
- ⅔ cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Peel and finely slice 5 large apples.
- Mix apples, ⅔ cup sugar, ¼ cup flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit
- Place one pie crust on the bottom of 9-inch pie tin
- Add pie filling
- Add 2 tablespoons butter that has been cubed
- Add top crust
- Use fingers to pinch crust together
- Trim excess dough, but the crust will shink a bit, so leave a bit
- Using fork, crimp the two doughs together further
- Brush light coating of egg on dough crust
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Using knife, slit four holes in crust
- Loosely wrap the crust edges with tinfoil to help prevent overbrowing of the crust edges.
- Put in oven for 35 minutes
- Remove tinfoil
- Check every 5 minutes and remove when it looks done. 40-45 minutes
- Let rest for at least 2 hours
- When baking, your dough will shrink a bit, which can impact the lip of the crust. Be generous with what you leave on the pie when you trim it.
- Use tinfoil to guard your crust. There are also pie guards for sale, but i have had better luck with just plain tinfoil.
- Let that pie rest for a while before serving.
Keywords: American Apple Pie Recipe