Bacon-Wrapped Grilled Sweet Potato Fries are an excellent way to make use of your grill. The Sriracha Maple sauce that comes with it is also super tasty and complements these fries really well.
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half, approximate
For Sriracha Maple Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Cut sweet potatoes in half, length-wise
- With the flat side down, cut potatoes into approximately 1/2-inch fries
- Add fries to a large bowl. Add olive oil, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and pepper to the bowl and mix. Cover as much of the fries as possible.
- Wrap each fry with 1/2 slice of bacon or a full one if it is an exceptionally large fry.
- Preheat Grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and make sure there is a zone for indirect heat.
- While grill is preheating, mix all sauce ingredients together and stir until well combined.
- Once grill is preheated, add the bacon-wrapped sweet potatoes to the indirect heat.
- Grill for 30-35 minutes, flipping 1/2 way through heating.
- Once the bacon is done and fries are tender to the fork and have a crispy outside.
- Remove, Serve with dip, and Enjoy!
- Don’t use thick-cut bacon, as it will be harder to wrap.
- If one fry is far too big to be edible as a fry or for your bacon to wrap around, just cut the wedge in half.
- For extra-large fries, you could use a full slice of bacon to wrap with.
- Choose uniform looking, medium-sized (erroring on the small-sized) sweet potatoes when shopping
- Use indirect heat to cook these sweet potato fries.
- Serving Size: 6 Fries
- Calories: 567 Calories
- Sugar: 14 g
- Sodium: 1396 mg
- Fat: 48 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 34 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
Keywords: Grilled Sweet Potato Fries