An easy and tasty Baked Italian Chicken Thighs and Sheet-Pan Dinner. Done in just 45 minutes, this recipe will fill you up, give you nutritional needs, is very little cleanup, and the best part is that it tastes great.
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- For Potatoes and Carrots:
- 4 medium russet potatoes, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel
- Lightly rub olive oil over thighs
- In a gallon bag or a large, coverable container, mix salt, oregano, thyme, basil, chili flakes, and pepper.
- Put thighs in the container, seal, and shake so all thighs are coated with seasoning.
- In a separate dish, mix all of the ingredients listed under Potatoes and carrots and combine well.
- On a 9 x 13 sheet-pan, place chicken on one side (skin side up) and the rest of the ingredients on the other side.
- Bake on the middle rack for 35 minutes or until chicken internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit.
- If the skin is not crispy enough, remove potatoes and carrots and place the chicken under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- I did not make the chicken with fresh herbs, but if you tried it, I would use 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, 1 tablespoon thyme, 2 teaspoons basil. All finely chopped.
- I chose to use rosemary for the potatoes and carrots to give a little change in flavor. Use what you like!
- Use chicken thighs that are of similar sized.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure your thighs reach 165 Fahrenheit.
- Chop your potatoes and carrots to about 1-inch chunks
- Serving Size: 1/4 dish
- Calories: 378
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1902 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: Italian Baked Chicken Thighs