This Blackberry Black Dog Cocktail recipe is a change up of the traditional Salty Dog Recipe. Imagine a Salty Dog, but with sweeter flavors and berries.
- 1/4 cup sugar for rimming glass
- Ice for shaker and glass
- 4 large blackberries
- 1 Ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 Ounces of Vodka
- 3 ounces Grapefruit juice
- 2 Blackberries for garnish
- Moisten glass rim and dunk in sugar to give a sugar rim
- Fill highball glass with ice
- Add 4 blackberries, simple syrup, grapefruit juice, and vodka to shaker
- Add some ice to shaker, cover, and shake for 20 seconds
- Strain into highball glass
- Add blackberries as garnish and serve.
Those blackberries have some thick seeds, so make sure to be a little careful of that with straining. I used the shaker 'hat' as the strainer, but a traditional bar strainer is probably more approp
Keywords: Black Dog Cocktail