This Bloody Mary Beef Jerky recipe is a great way to get the comforting flavors of the classic cocktail into beef jerky! It is tasty and a great snack that is jam-packed full of protein.
- 1 lb Eye of Round Beef Roast
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- Cut eye of round roast into ¼ inch slices against the grain
- Add rest of ingredients to a large bowl
- Add meat to bowl and mix well
- Cover and allow to marinate overnight and up to 24 hours
- If your dehydrator does not reach 160 degrees:
- Preheat oven to 300
- Lay meat on cookie trays and cook for 10 minutes or until the beef reaches 160 degrees.
- Lay strips evenly across dehydrator trays and run dehydrator for 3 hours.
- At three hours, start testing your beef.
- Remove a piece and if the jerky bends and cracks, but does not break in half, and it has reached a temp of 160 degrees at some point in the cook, it is done. If it snaps easily, it is likely overdone and also remove
- If not done, allow to dehydrate for another 30-60 minutes and repeat at previous step
- Once done, allow to cool.
- Place in airtight container and use within 7-10 days.
Keywords: beef jerky recipe