A simple and delicious Blueberry Pie Filling recipe for a homemade blueberry pie, dessert, or other treats that call for tasty blueberries. While a pie filling recipe, this also includes a homemade pie that is perfect for your next event!
- 5 ½ Cups of blueberries
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- Add blueberries, 1 cup sugar, flour, and lemon juice to a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Continue stirring as the mixture heats to a simmer
- The mixture should start to blend together and thicken.
- Once thickened, in about 10-15 minutes, remove from stovetop.
- Preheat oven to 425° Farenheight
- Place bottom pie crust in a lightly greased 9" pie pan
- Fill with blueberry pie filling.
- Add top pie crust and crimp.
- Using a brush, lightly coat the crust with egg wash
- Put four small slits in pie crust to help hot air escape.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar on top.
- Using tinfoil, cover crimped pie crust edges and bake for 35 minutes. This helps prevent burning.
- Remove crust guard
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until crust edges are golden brown
- Continue to stir while the filling is heating. This helps prevent burning and a better end product.
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Keywords: blueberry pie filling