If you are looking for a creamy, sweet, crumbly baked dessert, this Blueberry Tart is for you. The ingredients are all very simple and the flavor is so special. Give this baked treat a try today.
For Blueberry Filling:
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups softened butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar (¼ cup of sugar + 2 tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all filling ingredients to pan and turn on to medium heat
- Once heated, mix with fork and loosly mash up full blueberries
- Once bubbling, it should start to thicken. At that point remove from heat
- While blueberries are heating and cooling, make custard and crust
- To make custard, mix all custard ingredients well.
- In stand mixer with mixing paddle, add flour and 6 tablespoons sugar
- Turn mixer on low and add softened butter about 2 tablespoons at a time
- Once all butter is added, allow to mix until crust ingredients look like a fairly uniform crumble. Use rubber spat to loosen any stuck butter
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Cut parchment paper to fit bottom of tart pan (if you don't have a non-stick pan)
- Loosely add layer of crumble to bottom of tart pan and then press down
- Loosely add crumble around edges and then pat tight.
- Add additional crumble to edges to make uniform and to bottom. Press down to tighten crust
- Use knife or flat surface to remove excess crust on edge
- There may be some crumble leftover, that is ok.
- Add blueberries to bottom
- Add custard
- Carefully place tart in middle rack and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool for 3 hours.
- At this point, you can remove from tart pan. The crust is fragile so take care. If your crust breaks, it is ok... it will still taste awesome.
- Either eat or store in fridge.
- Use a non-stick tart pan or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- You could substitute most other berries if you wanted different flavors.
- Take care when removing the tart from the pan, and make sure to allow it to cool a bit.
- Powdered sugar and fresh fruit are great toppings for this tart.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of tart
- Calories: 527 calories
- Sugar: 49 g
- Sodium: 311 mg
- Fat: 31 g
- Saturated Fat: 18 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 132 mg
Keywords: blueberry tart