Cheesy Dorito Casserole With Tater Tot Crust
This Cheesy Dorito Casserole has a special surprise with its tater tot pie crust. There is a lot of comfort going on in this comfort taco dish and you should be making it today!
- Author: Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Casserole
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 servings of tater tots
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 Pound of Ground Burger
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning or One Serving of Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 4 Servings of Doritos, crushing with hand.
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Dethaw tater tots in a microwave or let them sit in the fridge overnight
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, hand mix tots, egg, and flour until completely combined
- Add to a 9-inch pie pan and use your hand to flatten tater tot mixture down and edges until it forms like a pie crust
- Bake crust for 20 minutes
- While crust is baking, cook ground beef, and add taco seasoning per instructions.
- Mix beef, ¾ Doritos, and 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- After 20 minutes, remove crust and put filling in
- Bake another 20 minutes
- Remove and add final ¼ Doritos and ½ cup of cheese as a topping
- Bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove and serve!
Top With any taco like ingredients you like. Green onion, taco sauce, and sour cream are featured.
Keywords: dorito casserole