Frog-Eye Salad is a delicious dessert salad that has a very unique name, but I guarantee there is no frogs in it. It is all sweet flavors and acini di pepe that gives the dish its name, as it has a certain appearance. Great comfort food for the holidays and something you should try today!
- 1/2 cup dry acini di pepe, cooked, drained, and rinsed under cool water
- 1 16 ounce container whipped cream, thawed
- 1 8 Ounce Can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 8 Ounce Can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 15-Ounce can mandarin oranges (optionally, more for garnish), drained
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, more if needed
- Maraschino Cherries, for garnish (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except marshmallows and cherries (optional) to large serving dish.
- Place in fridge for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Top with marshmallows, cherries (optional), and additional oranges(optional)
- Dish is named this way because cooked Acini de Pepe resembles frog eyes
- Make sure the pasta is cooled before mixing.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Marshmallows can be organized on top to your preference. This can look very pretty if some time is spent topping in a nice fashion.
- Serving Size: ¾ Cup
- Calories: 287 Calories
- Sugar: 31 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 53 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: frog-eye salad