Succulent poached peaches meet rich raspberry Melba sauce, crowned with velvety vanilla ice cream. Experience the timeless elegance of Classic Peach Melba.
- 4 large fresh peaches
- 4 cups water (for peaches)
- 2 cups sugar (for peaches)
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup black currant jelly
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Half, remove, and peel skin from peaches. Blanche if necessary once they are halved to make the skin easier to peel.
- Bring 2 cups of sugar and two cups of water to a soft boil into a medium saucepan
- Add peaches and simmer for 15 minutes. Occasionally stir the mixture making sure peaches get under the water. The peaches should be tender.
- Remove from heat and once cooled, put into a container and refrigerate until serving.
- In separate saucepan (and you can do this at the same time as peaches), add raspberries, black currant jelly, remaining sugar, and lemon juice
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and put through a fine mesh strainer a container.
- Cool melba sauce and refrigerate until ready to use
- When ready to serve, add a scoop of ice cream to dish, 2 peach halves, and about ¼ cup of melba sauce
- Keep left over peach syrup and use for cocktails or tea
- peeling and pitting peaches can be tricky. Make sure they are ripe before starting. Take care in both pitting and peeling.
- Blanching is a good way to help remove
- You can use canned peaches in a pinch for this recipe
- Make sure to use a fine mesh strainer for melba sauce
- Homemade Ice cream is best for this, but use what you like!
Keywords: peach melba