A tasty, unique, and wonderful retro dessert is a must-try for anybody that likes a good Jell-O salad. It combines Jell-O, Coca-Cola, cherries, nuts and whipped cream to make a great dessert to share with your family or guests.
- 2 3 Ounce packages of Cherry Jell-O
- 2 Cups water
- 20 Ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 15 Ounce can dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 Cup crushed walnuts
- 16 Ounces Coke
- 8 Ounce Tub of Cool Whip
- Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Add Jell-O to medium bowl
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and then add to dish with Jell-O powder
- Stir Well
- Put in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- While cooling, mix pineapple, cherries, and walnuts to a large dish
- After 15 minutes, add Jell-O mixture to the other dish.
- Add Coke to same bowl and mix
- Place in fridge for at least 6 hours
- Top with Cool Whip and maraschino cherry (optional)
- Calls for walnuts, but pecans work well.
- If you can't find dark sweet cherries, I also tested with canned red cherries and it was good. Maraschino should work, as well.
- Don't let your Jell-O set before you add the rest of the ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 37 g
- Sodium: 187 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: coca-cola salad