Crab Fried rice is a delicious, classic Thai dish. While crab is the star of this recipe, it is enhanced by lovely flavors like Thai chili, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime, scallions, and cilantro. If you love fried rice and Thai food, this recipe is a keeper.
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 20g)
- 3 cups cooked White rice or Jasmine rice (550g), broken up into individual pieces and chilled
- 2 thai chilis, minced (about 5g)
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoons msg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 6 ounces cooked crab meat
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped plus more for garnice
- Cucumber, thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into sections for garnish
- Add 1 tablespoon of peanut oil to wok and heat until just smoking
- Add garlic for just a brief second
- Follow up by adding ½ of the rice and stir vigorously
- Cook for 20 seconds
- Remove rice and garlic.
- Add ½ tablespoon of oil and allow to heat
- Add the second half of rice and cook for 20 seconds, stirring vigorously
- Return first half of rice and stir vigorously
- While stirring, add Thai chilis, white pepper, msg, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and cook for another 15 or so seconds.
- Move rice to the side of the wok and add ½ tablespoon of oil. Allow to heat
- Add eggs and use a spatula to scramble eggs.
- Once scrambled, mix with the rest of the rice and continue stirring
- Add crab meat and cook until crab meat is warm
- Add cilantro and scallions and stir for about 30 seconds
- Remove from heat and dish up
- Garnish with lime, cucumber, and cilantro.
- Separate rice before you start cooking.
- Measure and prepare your ingredients before you start cooking.
- Only fry garlic for a second, otherwise it might burn
- Add more or less Thai peppers to taste
- Use metal spatula and make sure to stir well to prevent burning/sticking.
- I add 1 hour of prep time for cooking rice, but if it is leftover rice, that hour is not needed. This really is a quick dish and rice cooking is the part that takes the most time.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 348 Calories
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1121 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 51 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 51 g
Keywords: Crab Fried Rice