These Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are great for your next party, a dinner appetizer, or just a delicious snack. Cook these in just 30 minutes and have a great hors d'oeuvre ready to go! You can even prepare it before hand and just have it ready to pop in the oven.
- 24 medium sized button mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian bread Crumbs
- 6 ounces lump crab meat
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- preheat oven to 375° Farhenheit with one rack on the upper third of oven.
- Remove caps from stems and rinse.
- Mince mushroom stems and saute on medium-high with 2 tablespoons of butter, green onions and onions until softened.
- In separate bowl, combine 1 ounce Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, pepper, bread crumbs, salt, and crab meat
- mix well
- lightly coat mushroom caps with 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- salt and pepper mushroom caps
- mix sauteed ingredients with cheese mixture.
- Fill each of the mushroom caps with about a tablespoon of the filling.
- Add remaining swiss cheese to top and each mushroom should get a few drops of melted butter.
- Bake on an upper third rack for 20 minutes. Serve.
- Can prepare mushrooms before hand and keep in fridge until ready to bake
- Swiss cheese works well, but I think mozzarella or maybe a smoked gouda would be fun
- I use prepared Italian bread crumbs, but you could use plain and then add your own herbs.
- If you find you need more butter... use more butter.
- This recipe can be easily halved or doubled
Keywords: crab stuffed mushrooms