A lemon pasta recipe that comforts the soul and fills a plate with comfort goodness. This Creamy Lemon Butter Sauce over Farfalle pasta is so simple, but feels so big. It is easy to make and even easier to eat.
- 1 Pound farfalle pasta
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup grated parmsan cheese + extra for garnish
- Zest from one lemon
- Juice from one lemon
- Parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in sauce pan on medium low and add garlic
- Start water for pasta and cook per the pasta instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, continue on. Once garlic is soft, add lemon zest, pepper, and salt to saucepan
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add cream and bring to simmer. Let cook for about 5 minutes.Make sure to stir, as you don’t want the cream to scorch.
- Slowly add parmesan cheese to cream mixture, stir to melt
- Continue to stir and put on low until pasta is done
- Drain pasta
- First toss in lemon juice and then add cream sauce
- Serve and garnish with grated parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Make sure to add the lemon juice to the pasta after drained, but before the cream is added and tossed.
- Use Organic Lemons.
- Use real parmesan cheese for the best results in this creamy lemon butter sauce recipe.
- I use farfalle pasta (otherwise known as bow-tie noodles), but any pasta that is appropriate for a skillet dish would be good.
- Serving Size: 1/4 dish
- Calories: 826 Calories
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 767 mg
- Fat: 43 g
- Saturated Fat: 25 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 94 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 134 mg
Keywords: Lemon Butter Sauce