A Simple and Fresh Creamy Asparagus Soup. It is easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious. There really isn't much to this recipe, but it tastes like a worldclass chef put it together.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup, heavy cream
- Clean asparagus and separate tips. Set aside.
- Remove bases and then cut asparagus into 2-3 inch sections
- In large pot, put butter onion, garlic, salt. and asparagus bases into pot on medium covered
- Allow to cook for about 10 minutes
- Add flour and stir
- Add stock 2 cups at a time and stir to mix well
- Bring to a boil at medium high and cook for 15 minutes
- Use immersion blender (or blender) to blend soup
- Add tips, pepper and cook for five more minutes
- Add cream and serve
- Use an immersion blender [affiliate link] for best results, but you can also do this in small batches in your blender.
- Buy fresh asparagus and I would suggest going for smaller spears.
- To lighten the recipe, you could substitute whole, 2%, or skim milk for the heavy cream.
- Use fresh asparagus for the best results.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl (1/4 of total)
- Calories: 350 calories
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1399mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: creamy asparagus soup