This Foil Packet Grilled Salmon recipe looks stunning and tastes even better. So many people mess up fish on the grill and I will show you how to get it right! Keep on reading for a great salmon recipe with great grilling tips.
- 1 1/2 pounds (approximate) salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 lemon rounds
- 1–2 sprig rosemary
- 1–2 sprig thyme
- 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into quarters
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- Preheat grill to 375 Fahrenheit and allow area for indirect heat
- Place salmon fillet on tin foil sheet
- Add salt to salmon and rub
- Add lemon, herbs, garlic, and butter to salmon
- Place second sheet over top of fillet and crimp all sides well
- Place foil packet over indirect heat on grill
- Grill for 18 minutes and temp thickest part of fillet. If hits 125 remove immediately. If not, grill for 2-4 more minutes and temp again. Grill until 125 and remove immediately.
- Once salmon hits 125 degrees Fahrenheit, remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Uncover, cut and serve!
- USDA recommends 145 for fish temperature. Use my temps at your discretion.
- This is farm Atlantic Fish. Cooking times might vary depending on thickness of cut, if wild caught, and species of fish.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grilled Salmon Recipe