A Zucchini Frittata is a great breakfast, brunch, or dinner and this recipe is about as easy as it gets. In just about 45 minutes, you can have this tasty Italian dish on your plate.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped zuchinni (about 1 medium to medium large zuchinni or about 9 ounces)
- ½ cup chopped onions (2 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Add olive oil to cast iron pan and heat to medium to medium high
- Add onion, garlic, and zucchini and mix
- Add salt, pepper, and thyme
- Cook until zucchini is glassy
- While zucchini is cooking mix together milk and eggs. Use a hand whisk, but don't over whisk. Enough so that everything is combined.
- Mix in cheese
- Once zucchini is glassy, add egg mixture to pan.
- Cook until edges start to separate from the skillet. I stir in the middle a bit to help make sure it doesn't burn. When done, eggs will start to look like they have some doneness, but still be mostly uncooked.
- Add to oven and cook at 350° Fahrenheit for 25 minutes on middle-upper oven rack
- Remove and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Check out the rest of the post, but there are many opportunities for substitutions in this recipe
- To determine when to place in the oven, use the spatula to determine when the edge of eggs is easily separated from the edges of the pan.
- Serving Size: 1/6 pan
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 6 g
Keywords: Zucchini Frittata