A simple, healthy, and delicious side dish. If you like beets or want to give them a try, this is a perfect starting dish to learn about just how good these vegetables can be.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 dozen small beets, boiled and halved or a dozen medium beets quartered
- 3 Tablespoon Butter
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Add vinegar and ginger to a saucepan and cook on low until reduced by 1/2, about 10-15 minutes
- Stir in honey and set sauce aside
- Melt butter in a frying pan at medium-high
- Add beets and fry for approximately 5 minutes
- Add sauce to the frying pan and mix well.
- Remove and serve
- Use fresh beets if you can, but canned beets works well, also.
- Only add honey at the end of reducing your balsamic vinegar.
- For more calories and better flavor, use more butter. Butter is good.
- An economical Balsamic Vinegar is appropriate for this dish, but use what you like!
- Serving Size: 1/4 full recipe
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 30 g
- Sodium: 652 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 23 mg
Keywords: Fried Beets