These Fried Chow Mein Noodles are the DIY version of the dried noodles you might get from the store or your takeout. You know the ones… the ones that come in a can or bag and that you can snack on right there.
- 156g Bread Flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 eggs
- Oil For Frying
- In large bowl, mix flour and salt
- In separate bowl, add egg and water to make a total weight of 78g
- Beat the eggs and water
- Slowly mix egg/water mixture into flour
- Once mixed, knead for 5 minutes (do not add water) in the bowl
- Leave bowl, loosely covered and let sit for 30 Minutes
- Knead for additional minute and should be a smooth ball at this point
- Sprinkle flour onto rolling mat and use rolling pin to roll out dough to 1mm to 2 mm thick. BE PATIENT
- Cut thinly with knife. In the video, she folds the dough, but I just roll it and cut the individual noodles.
- Cut noodles into 2 to 3-inch pieces
- Once all noodles are cut, they are ready for a boil
- Add to Boiling water for 2-3 minutes and then strain.
- Heat oil for deep fat frying
- Once heated to 350, add noodles and allow to fry for about 2 minutes or until they are golden brown
- Remove from fryer and allow to dry and grease to drain on a plate covered in paper towels
Calories are estimated to account for differences in oil absorbption from noodles