This Grilled Pineapple dessert has great flavors and is an interesting take on any pineapple dessert. Combine some sriracha, basil, and grilling flavors and you are going to have your guests squealing with delight.
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Pineapple, cut into wedges or rings
For Ice Cream:
- The day before you intend on serving, add all ingredients into a large bowl
- Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight
- About 3 hours before serving, add to ice cream maker and make ice cream. Churn for 15-20 minutes
- Place in freezer to harden
Honey Sriracha Glazed Pineapple
- Cut pineapple into the desired shape. Wedges or rings.
- Preheat grill to 350
- In a medium saucepan, turn to medium-low heat and add butter
- When butter is melted, add honey and sriracha
- Stir and heat until all ingredients are incorporated
- Remove ice cream from the freezer
- Once the grill is heated, lightly coat pineapple with sauce. There should be plenty left over
- Place pineapple on the grill and cook for 5 minutes, feel free to brush with glaze
- Flip and cook the other side for 5 minutes, once again, brush with glaze.
- Remove from grill, serve with ice cream.
In terms of serving size, you will probably yield more ice cream than is needed for the pineapple. I did include it in the calories as only 4 servings. That is how I do. Use your best judgment.
Keywords: Grilled Pineapple