This dessert is a flavor bomb! There are so many flavors going on here in a symphony of awesome, it is hard to pick which piece is the best. A Sweet and tasty grilled Pineapple that is the star. A Honey Sriracha sauce is really something special though. Finally, the Basil Ice Cream is a cool balance to sriracha's heat. This Grilled Pineapple With Honey Sriracha Sauce and Basil ice cream is flavor madness.
Alright guys and gals, we are going to make some grilling magic today as part of our grilling series. Not only are we going to make some beautiful basil ice cream, but then we are going to plop that fancy glob of awesomeness down onto a pineapple. THAT’S NOT ALL! It isn’t just any pineapple. We are going to grill that pineapple and then glaze it with a super tasty honey sriracha sauce. Grilled pineapple with honey sriracha sauce and basil ice cream is what’s for dessert tonight.
Grilling pineapple gives the fruit some interesting tastes and textures. When coated with the honey sriracha glaze it provides a nice caramelized outside with a touch of smokiness from the grill. Fresh pineapple served cold is awesome and it is always fun to try something new, so get that grill going.
Honey Sriracha Sauce for The Grilled Pineapple
Oh boy, this is a treat. While it doesn’t really say it in the name, there is also butter in this. These three ingredients go together SO well. I am pretty sure I am going to start using this same sauce for my wings, but it is great for grilled pineapple.
Basil Ice Cream
I thought about just making a vanilla ice cream for this, but what fun is that? We have basil in the garden and it pairs well with pineapple, honey, and sriracha! So we have a triple winner here in this recipe. You are going to need an ice cream maker for this recipe, but if you know how to hand churn an ice cream, that would work, as well. I actually do this enough and it isn’t that hard, but needs some attention and time.
Overall, this has been a very fun and tasty recipe to develop. There is quite a bit going on with this recipe and each of the elements can be tasty on their own, but it is totally worthwhile to put this entire recipe together.
If you like what we are doing here, please subscribe to my email or follow me on Instagram
Products I Used In This Recipe
Grilled Pineapple With Honey Sriracha Sauce and Basil Ice Cream
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 24 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
This Grilled Pineapple dessert has great flavors and is an interesting take on any pineapple dessert. Combine some sriracha, basil, and grilling flavors and you are going to have your guests squealing with delight.
- ½ cup chopped basil
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 pasteurized egg yolks
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Pineapple, cut into wedges or rings
For Ice Cream:
- The day before you intend on serving, add all ingredients into a large bowl
- Whisk until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight
- About 3 hours before serving, add to ice cream maker and make ice cream. Churn for 15-20 minutes
- Place in freezer to harden
Honey Sriracha Glazed Pineapple
- Cut pineapple into the desired shape. Wedges or rings.
- Preheat grill to 350
- In a medium saucepan, turn to medium-low heat and add butter
- When butter is melted, add honey and sriracha
- Stir and heat until all ingredients are incorporated
- Remove ice cream from the freezer
- Once the grill is heated, lightly coat pineapple with sauce. There should be plenty left over
- Place pineapple on the grill and cook for 5 minutes, feel free to brush with glaze
- Flip and cook the other side for 5 minutes, once again, brush with glaze.
- Remove from grill, serve with ice cream.
In terms of serving size, you will probably yield more ice cream than is needed for the pineapple. I did include it in the calories as only 4 servings. That is how I do. Use your best judgment.
Keywords: Grilled Pineapple
Kelly | Foodtasia
Love the flavor combinations! Spicy and Sweet...and that Basil Ice Cream- YUM!