This homemade coffee liqueur is simple to make, tasty as heck, and can save you a lot of money. The Best Part is that it tastes freaking awesome.
- 1 ½ cups rum
- 1 ⅛ cup coffee
- 2 Cups white granulated sugar
- 3 vanilla beans, chopped into 1.5 inch segments OR 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add coffee and sugar to large saucepan
- Put on low heat and stir until all sugar is incorporated into mixture.
- Allow to warm for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add rum and mix.
- Place into separate storage container (I use a quart jar)
- Add vanilla
- Wait for at least a week.
Adding alcohol to a warm, non simmering, liquid can reduce the alcohol content by 15%.
Keywords: coffee liqueur