This restaurant-style Homemade Salsa Recipe is one for the books. It is easy to make and is super delicious. This salsa is a go-to in our house and now it can be the same in yours!
- 4 ½ Pounds Peeled, cored, and quartered Tomatoes (½ aroma, ½ celebrity or big boy)*
- ¾ Onion, Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup jalapeno, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Add all ingredients to large pot
- Bring to simmer and cook on medium low for 15 minutes
- Use Hand Blender to blend
- Simmer for another 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and serve
- Blanch tomatoes by dipping in boiling water for 30 seconds to one minute. Remove with metal spoon and allow to cool. The skin should be loose and peelable.
- We use about ½ Roma Tomatoes and ½ Big Boy, but the kind of tomato is a bit lenient. Use what you have or what you like!
- Like it spicier? Use more pepper or a hotter pepper. A Habenero is always nice for a hot sauce.
- We freeze this salsa and it turns out great.
Keywords: Homemade Salsa Recipe