How to Grill Pork Chops Like a Boss! If you want to up your grilling game, these step by step instructions will help you make a better pork chop.
- 2 thick Loin Pork Chops
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 Cup Ketchup
- 1/3 Cups molasses
- 1/3 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cups White or Cider Vinegar
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 hours to 4 hours before, mix water and salt and water in a shallow dish.
- Add Loins. Is water running over the edge? GET A BIGGER DISH!
- Allow to brine for 1/2 hours up to 3 hours
- Preheat One Side of Grill to 500 and have a second zone that is indirect heat.
- While Grill is preheating rub chops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Once heated add chops and to the hot zone and sear each side for 2.5 minutes
- Move to indirect heat, coat side with bbq, and then place face bbq side down.
- Allow to cook for a 10 minutes
- Generously brush some BBQ sauce on top side and flip.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes – DURING this step you should start temping your meat often. at 135 Fahrenheit, you should remove.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 IF NECESSARY. It should really be done
- Cook until internal temp of 135.
- Remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes
To Prepare BBQ Sauce
- Mix all bbq sauce ingredients into a medium saucepan
- heat over medium-low for about 1 hour or until everything is well incorporated
Keywords: How to Grill Pork Chops